Are you ready to Spruce Up Your Story?
Before you get started on your submission, here is some information to note:
- You will need to create a free Submittable account or sign in with Google or Facebook credentials to submit to these forms.
- You can save a draft of your work if you would like to finish filling out the form at a later date.
- If anything changes with the information you submitted, please request to edit the submission.
- Our platform works best on Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Internet Explorer is not supported. Please make sure you are using a supported browser.
- You can download Firefox by following the instructions linked here.
- You can download Chrome by following the instructions linked here.
Once you have submitted your story, we will follow up with a confirmation email that we have received it. Please be sure to whitelist notification emails from Submittable and check the email you used to sign up for your Submittable Account regularly. Check out the Submitter Resource Center or reach out to Submittable's Customer Support team with any technical questions here.
The Spruce Up Your Story initiative isn’t about bringing a brand-new rec centre or library to life – rather, it will honour and protect the spaces that are well-worn and well-loved – the places where stories are already being made.
Entries will be evaluated based on four pillars:
- Community use
- Opportunity for volunteerism
- A link to a brokerage that partners with Red River Mutual
We’ll fund up to $25,000 in cash for select, well-loved community spaces across Manitoba and Saskatchewan, with $150,000 in total to award. Whether it’s a roof fix on a youth centre, a fresh coat of paint on a park fence, or new seating in an ice rink, Red River Mutual will restore select community spaces where people connect, laugh, learn, and share.
With no limit to the number of communities that can win, we’re committed to ensuring the winning spaces continue to serve their communities for years to come.